The horrific news that the remains of 215 children were found in a mass grave at the site of the Kamloops Residential School has created a sense of shock and deep grief for so many. We grieve with all who grieve in this time of sorrow.
Hear are some prayers, resources and responses that might be helpful at this time:
- United Church of Canada A Time for Mourning and Support
- Prayer from the UCC National Executive Minister, Indigenous Ministries & Justice
- Pacific Mountain Region Every Child Matters
- United Church Healing Fund
- Leadershift – Calls to the Church, Listening to the Wisdom of Elders – free workshop series (June 1, 2, 3, 4, 6:30 – 7:30pm) coordinated by Rev John Snow, Pacific Mountain Regional Council Indigenous Minister, and Tony Snow, Coordinator for Indigenous Right Relations, Chinook Winds Regional Council.
Community Workshops and Resources:
Orange Shirt Day T-shirts: Joanne is going to put in an order for Orange Shirt Day t-shirts. With taxes and shipping they will be about $20 – 25 each. If you would like to order one, please get in touch with Joanne by June 11. https://www.orangeshirtday.net/en/cad/category/shirts–31435.html
Tuesday Evening Language and Traditional Practicehttp://www.thelanguagehouse.ca/news/tuesday-evening-language-and-traditional-practice-all-are-welcome
IndigenEYEZ is excited to invite you to sign up for our newest http://kinshift.ca/ workshop series—ELEMENTS of Truth: Before Reconciliation. These highly engaging & transformative 2.5 hour zoom workshops allow participants to learn, practice, ask questions, and make mistakes in a safer environment.